The Village BNB
Visit a heritage home constructed circa 1907 at Mudgeeraba. A sympathetic renovation celebrates the history of the old Queenslander formerly known as Somerset House. It retains original features including a fireplace and wrap around verandahs while incorporating modern conveniences.
The Andrews Room is named after Isaac Andrews, who built the cottage. Andrews was one of four brothers who travelled to Australia from Ireland. They were involved in timber getting, shop keeping, mixed dairy and cattle farming and founded the Gold Coast’s first Presbyterian Church.
Mr Andrews was a Nerang councillor for 26 years. His sister Miss Andrews ran a Post Office at Tallebudgera. The Starkey Room, named after Mudgeeraba pioneer John Starkey, has polished timber floorboards and double stained glass doors.
The Railway Room takes its name from the station that used to connect Mudgeeraba to Tweed Heads.