What is Gold Coast Open House?
Gold Coast Open House (GCOH) is modelled on Open House Worldwide, the largest celebration of the urban landscape in the world.
Our free festival program highlights the extraordinary local buildings, places and spaces that shape our city and lifestyle. led by a committee of local architects, our program includes building tours, walking tours, panel discussions, special events, digital content and more.
Gold Coast Open House is a not-for-profit Incorporated Association run by a volunteer committee of dedicated architects, built environment professionals and Gold Coast citizens.
Gold Coast Open House is delivered by a dedicated volunteer committee of architects, designers and other local professionals.
- Paul Burton, Cities Research Institute, Griffith University
- Adrian Carter, Abedian School of Architecture, Bond University
- Christopher Cumming, BDA Architecture (Chair)
- Amy Degenhart, degenhartSHEDD
- Darren Greenaway, BDA Architecture
- Francis Greenman, Cottee Parker (Secretary)
- Gemma Larsen
- Allen Lucini, Lucini Architects
- Kiana Maleki, Buchan
- Lindy Pickford
- Carol Ramsden, BDA Architecture (Treasurer)
- Jemima Rosevear, City Architect, City of Gold Coast
- Joe Snell, Studio Snell
Her Excellency The Honourable Dr Jeanette Young AC PSM
Governor of Queensland
To increase engagement between design professionals, residents and visitors through the promotion of both the contemporary and historical architectural and design attractions of the city.
To promote public awareness of the diverse range of professions who contribute and collaborate in creating and protecting Gold Coast’s architectural and design attractions.
To be a not-for-profit organisation, separate from political ties and professional institutions, established to organise the Open House event. The organisation must be part of or involved within architecture or the built environment sector.
To provide free entry to all buildings taking part in the Open House and no mandatory charge to be made to building owners to participate.