Southport Town Hall
Heritage-listed Southport Town Hall was constructed in the fashionable Art Deco style by architectural partnership Hall and Phillips, designers of the Main Beach and Southport bathing pavilions.
Queensland Premier William Forgan-Smith opened the building on 2 August 1935. It has been home to the Southport Town Council, South Coast Town Council (1949), Gold Coast Town Council (1958) and Gold Coast City Council (1959).
Rear extensions were made in 1957 and the early 1960s. Gold Coast City Council moved to Evandale in 1976, leaving Southport to become a branch office. A 1997 conservation project revealed the original front doors and entrance lettering. A 2011 paint job restored the building to its 1930s colour scheme.