Preece House was built in 1948 and served as a family home for more than 50 years.
Its original owners were William and Ada (Granny) Preece, who with their son Bill ran a telegraph pole supply business to the Gold Coast and Hinterland from the 1950s through to the 1990s.
Preece House remains a fine example of a timber Queenslander constructed post-war which features the original kitchen, windows and ceiling trims and is a symbolic representation of the past in the present. The restoration was undertaken by members of the Nerang Community Association.
It is located near Ceramic House and the Maid of Sker, a restored 19th-century paddle steamer that once carried cargo between Brisbane, Southport and Nerang. It now serves as a heritage photographic gallery which currently houses an exhibition of Aboriginal portraiture dating from the 1860s to the 1940s.