St Peter’s Anglican Church
St Peter’s was built in 1960 as a Memorial Church to the fallen in WWII. It is the third church built on this location, replacing a wooden church built in 1886.
The stained-glass windows are of various styles. The older style can be seen in five windows from the original wooden church. The newer style can be seen in eight windows installed in 2009, the work of Murwillumbah stained glass artist, Bill Klease, who gave special attention and detail to facial features of the figures depicted in each window.
Smaller services take place in the Lady Chapel, an ideal place for prayer and quiet reflection, located to the right of the main Sanctuary. The Lorraine Garrett garden at the west side of St Peter’s has an outdoor worship space and peaceful gardens.
St Peter’s magnificent organ, which has been significantly restored and upgraded in recent years, must be heard to be fully appreciated.
10AM - 3PM
NO BOOKING REQUIRED
Guided and self-guided tours; no booking required
Conrad & Gargett