Preece House was built in 1948 and served as a family home for more than 50 years.
Its original owners were William and Ada Preece and son Bill, who ran a telegraph pole supply business to the Gold Coast and Hinterland from the 1950s through to the 1980s.
The house was gifted to the Nerang Community Association and shifted to Bischof Pioneer Park where it was sympathetically restored by members.
It remains a fine example of a timber Queenslander constructed post-war and features original kitchen, windows and ceiling trims.
Preece House sits a short distance from Ceramic House and the Maid of Sker, a restored 19th century, steel-hulled, paddle-steamer that once carried cargo between Brisbane, Southport and Nerang.
It now serves as a heritage photographic gallery which houses an exhibition of museum-quality Aboriginal portraiture dating from the 1860s to the 1940s.
9AM - 4PM
NO BOOKING REQUIRED
Self-guided & guided tours
Devonshire Teas are available from 10.00am to 3.00pm
Built in 1948. Original kitchen, window and ceiling trims.