• Follow us on
  • rss

The Southport Masonic Centre

The Southport Masonic Centre is the oldest centre on the Gold Coast. The original building, constructed in 1906, is still used today for dining after Lodge meetings.

The current building was constructed in 1959 for a cost of £3000 pounds by the members of three Lodges that continue to meet there today, namely, Southport 62, Stradbroke 349, and Broadwater-Surfers Paradise 434. It was consecrated by MW Bro HB Milliner, Grand Master of United Grand Lodge of Queensland in January 1960.

Freemasonry is one of the oldest and largest fraternal societies in the world with an estimated 5 million members including 6,000 Queenslanders and 36,000 Australasians. Freemasons come from all walks of life but share a common concern for humanity and a belief in integrity, goodwill and charity.

Modern freemasonry dates back to the Middle Ages when stonemasons built the castles and cathedrals of Europe. Artisans formed lodges to ensure knowledge passed to apprentices, protecting the skills and secrets of their trade.

76 Nerang St, Southport

10.00am - 2.00pm



Guided tours. Volunteers will be on site taking ongoing guided tours throughout the day for up to 20 people. Bookings are not required. Please wear closed in shoes. Please note there are stairs to climb, and the building is not wheel chair friendly.

Building type





Original building 1906; new lodge 1959