Gold Coast Sporting Hall of Fame
A family called Hughes built their home, Tremaine, at 152 High Street, Southport, in about 1910. Typical of the gracious early 20th-century dwellings constructed as town became coastal resort, it was built in the Queenslander style that was popular from the late 19th century until World War II. Most were timber framed and clad and set on high wooden stumps. A notable feature was the shady verandah that ran along one or more sides of the house.
Tremaine was moved to make way for apartment complex, The Oaks, restored and re-opened as Gold Coast Sporting Hall of Fame. Honouring champions who reach the highest level in their sport while living locally, it houses an abundant collection of sports memorabilia. Queensland’s only Olympic Room is a shrine to achievement in Olympic sports.
10.00am - 3.00pm
NO BOOKING REQUIRED
1910. Building relocated in 1998 and opened as Gold Coast Sporting Hall of Fame on 21 January 1999.